Image copyright Amy May Trust
Amy May Shead, 31, suffered anaphylactic shock from a single bite of a chicken meal on a trip with friends to Budapest in 2014.
She will now receive 24-hour care in a specially-adapted annex of her parents' home in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex.
Her mother Sue said it was "lovely to have her home".
Miss Shead was left brain damaged and in a wheelchair, partially paralysed and unable to see or speak properly after she suffered a severe allergic reaction during the meal at a restaurant in Budapest. Image copyright Amy May Trust Image caption Nursing staff at the Marillac Care centre say farewell to Miss Shead after three years
The former ITV producer had managed her nut allergy throughout school and university, and always carried medication she needed to counteract a reaction, her mother said.
She had produced an allergy card to staff at the restaurant in Hungary three times and was assured the meal did not contain nuts.
Her reaction was "immediate" and resulted in a cardiac arrest, during which Miss Shead's heart stopped for six minutes causing brain damage, her mother added.
She spent a year at both St Thomas' Hospital and the Putney Neurological unit and has lived at the Marillac Care centre in Brentwood for the last three years. 'Allergies can cause life-changing damage' Peanut allergy treatment 'in sight' Why the world is becoming more allergic to food
A 24-hour care package is now in place, allowing Miss Shead to live with her parents in a purpose-built annex.
"Amy was the most vivacious, outgoing, bubbly young lady you could ever wish to meet," her mother said.
"We are still devastated. Every day is hard to get through. But we'd do anything for her." Image copyright Amy May Trust Image caption Amy May Shead with her aunt Julie and cousin Tom, who have set up a trust
A trust, established in her name by her aunt Julie Martin and cousin Tom, raises money for the intensive physiotherapy and speech and language therapy she receives four times a week.
"This layer of tragedy should never have happened, because Amy took every precaution with her allergy," Mrs Martin said.
"Her parents' lives have been swept away as well.
"They are devoted, and have committed their lives to their daughter. But as you can imagine, they're also heartbroken." Related TopicsWestcliff-on-SeaFood allergiesBrentwoodAllergiesBudapest
Facebook Google+ Twitter Digg
- Quick Tip: Styling Scrollbars to Match Your UI Design
- Tora Sudiro Berikan Klarifikasi Soal Foto Jari Tengah di Dekat Polisi
- Intip Foto-foto di Belakang Layar Film Captain Marvel
- Wenger: Penuturan Oezil Disalahartikan
- Komisi I DPR Dukung Pemblokiran Tik Tok
- Tetap Layani Permintaan Foto Saat Sibuk, Anggun C Sasmi Panen Pujian Netizen
- Janjikan SIM Seumur Hidup dan Bebas Pajak Motor, Caleg PKS Diperiksa Bawaslu Makassar
- Scorpions vientos de cambio Music Free Download
- Tak Lagi Jadi Atlet, Soeharto Si Suami Tunanetra Buka Jasa Pijat
- Man held after boy, 11, dies in Manchester hit-and-run
- How to Stay Safe and Secure Online
- Jalan Tol akan Dibangun di Wilayah Selatan Pulau Jawa
- Pemerintah Dukung Balapan MotoGP Digelar di Indonesia Tahun 2020
- Perhatikan dengan Benar, Alergi dan Intoleransi Itu Berbeda Lho
- Synchronization and Thread Safety Tutorial with Examples in Java
- Kumpulan Dork Untuk Deface Website Lengkap
- Dork SQL Injection Lengkap
- Cara Menggunakan Auto Like Status Dengan Likelo.com
- Nopember-2020 (1.913)
- Oktober-2020 (3.650)
- September-2020 (3.534)
- Agustus-2020 (3.652)
- Juli-2020 (3.657)
- Juni-2020 (3.531)
- Mei-2020 (3.652)
- April-2020 (3.539)
- Maret-2020 (3.660)
- Pebruari-2020 (3.417)
- Januari-2020 (3.652)
- Desember-2019 (3.647)
- Nopember-2019 (3.541)
- Oktober-2019 (3.649)
- September-2019 (3.537)
- Agustus-2019 (3.653)
- Juli-2019 (3.653)
- Juni-2019 (3.537)
- Mei-2019 (3.693)
- April-2019 (26.806)
- Maret-2019 (27.542)
- Pebruari-2019 (28.195)
- Januari-2019 (26.688)
- Desember-2018 (26.153)